Two summers ago, Ellen Page was all the rage with the release of "Juno" co-starring Michael Cera, the king of awkweird characters on the silver screen. Didn't get the Ellen craze. Didn't watch mainstream films while in NYC so now that I'm with disposable income due to my steady employer, I am making up for lost time by watching as many films as possible.
Last week, I watched "Juno." Not only was the film every bit of good as I had heard (and more), but it really made self-reflect. Clearly, that's what films are meant to do besides suck your pocket dry of chump change. Catharsis. Release. Escapism. Identification, although more often than not dis/misidentification is much more common.
I was surprised by how gifted Ellen Page is an actor. And how damn cute she really is, too. Then I stumbled upon the "Whip It" trailer and I cannot believe I am going to write the following: I have a celebrity crush on Ellen Page (despite having the appearance of a teenager)! O Canada! Glasses on the laydees make me all weak in the knees and other regions of the body.
Last line in trailer is pretty darn good: "You came in second out of two teams. Celebrate mediocrity, that's fantastic!"
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment